Not for Profit
We know that each and every not for profit organisation is different from the next and that each entity is individually structured to meet the particular interests of its members, clients, beneficiaries or users.
We provide high quality compliance, taxation and advisory services to UK and international charities and not for profit organisations. Our clients include academies, independent schools, care charities, arts and culture, religious orders, conservation and grant making foundations.
Our specialist focus on the not for profit sector means you will benefit from advisers who are experts in your area and understand the specific challenges you face. We have a team advising clients everyday on the following areas:
- Public accountability – assistance in drafting the Annual Report and Accounts
- Assurance – the statutory audit of annual financial statements and audits required under grant funding arrangements. We also provide independent examination services to charities with income below the audit threshold
- Governance – assessing the effectiveness of Board procedures by the use of benchmarking tools and assistance in putting in place best practice procedures
- Risk management – assistance with identifying and classifying risks facing the charity and delivering solutions to mitigate the same
- Organisational structure – assistance in selecting the most appropriate structure for the charity from the various options available such as companies limited by guarantee, CIO’s and unincorporated trusts. Our advice also extends to considering the use of trading subsidiaries both for organisational and taxation purposes.
- Taxation advice – maximising the benefits and minimising the costs of the direct tax and indirect tax (VAT) regimes
- Management - assistance in putting in place meaningful management information systems to address the key aspects of running the charity and assistance in drafting ‘business’ plans to address the strategic needs of the organisation